History, Technical Memberships, Papers , & Patents
Edward S. Beardwood
Mr. Beardwood began his journey in water treatment in 1976 after graduating with an Honors Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry from the University of Western Ontario. Prior to founding BC&T Inc, he was the Senior Global Water Treatment Applications Consultant at Solenis LLC and Ashland Hercules for 11 years.
Previous to that, he was the Technical Director of Ashland Water Technologies Canada for 24 years. Over the years his apprenticeship in the industrial water conditioning industry ranged from Full Service, Sales, Sales Management, New Construction and Commissioning of Thermal Systems, Laboratory Management, Product Management, Government and Environmental Regulatory Compliance, Marketing, R&D, and Consulting.
The common thread over the 40 plus years has been the consulting and assisting people and organizations achieve their goals. This includes both internal and external customers as well as direct and indirect reports. Consulting globally when geographically located technical personnel required assistance in the Refining, Petrochemical, Chemical, Utilities and Heavy Process Industries. His responsibilities, beyond management, included the development of products, processes and problem-solving methods for the prevention of scale, corrosion, fouling and microbiological growth applied to aqueous heat transfer and process systems. EH&S, regulatory compliance, product quality, corrosion failure analysis, pretreatment performance evaluations and consulting were also within his job activities. An average run rate over the years (1985 onward) of 100 to 120 sites per year consulted on at a 70 / 30 split; (customer to prospect ratio). He has never written or presented nor trained, supervised or managed personnel on subjects that he had not already performed or personally developed. Edward provides unique problem solving methods, innovative reasoning and inventive products and processes when assisting people and organizations to achieve their goals.
More information regarding ES Beardwood profile can be found on LinkedIn.
Search: Edward S. Beardwood or visit direct at:
- AMPP (Association for Materials Protection and Performance; formerly NACE International); past leadership positions, see linkedin.
- Refrigeration Service Engineers Society (RSES).
- American Standard Testing Methods (ASTM).
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME); past leadership positions, see linkedin.
Papers & Presentations
- Papers and presentations have been delivered to The Analyst, Industrial Water, AMPP (formally NACE International), International Water Conference (IWC), International District Energy Association (IDEA), Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI), Cooling Technology Institute (CTI), America Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), Technical Association of Pulp and Paper Industry (TAPPI), and Heat Transfer Research Incorporated Fouling Conferences (HTRI).
- Numerous technical applications and problem-solving bulletins have been produced as well as training materials and manuals associated with industrial water treatment, both chemical and physical approaches.
- Total Internal + External Publications from 1985 to date is 280.
Patents Associated with the Founder
- Patents associated with cooling water deposit and corrosion control, boiler water corrosion control, automation of biocide / biofouling control, performance-based and knowledge-based control, physical method for biocontrol in aqueous solutions; 15 in total.
- There are also 11 outstanding concepts and capability development records associated with novel approaches in the industrial water treatment industry.
- Brief descriptions of these patents and patent numbers can be found on the founder’s linkedin profile.